Session 1: On-board ARKEN
ARKEN has a very particular architecture. We pretend we are on-board a giant ship and go on an adventure in the ship’s rooms. Along the way we investigate how you can experience things using not just your eyes, but also your ears, nose, fingertips and your whole body. We also get to meet the ship’s captain. We end the session at ARKEN’s workshop, CREATIVE, where children add their own contribution to the story from foam, skewers and other fun materials.
• Experiencing space and architecture
• Using the senses and the body
• Putting words to an experience
• Creating own sculptural expressions using a variety of materials
Session 2: Entering the picture
This session begins in ARKEN’s workshop. Here we will make small figurines (self-portraits), which we will use in the exhibition. The figurines go on an exciting journey into some of the paintings in ARKEN’s exhibitions. What happens to them? What stories can we create together?
• Experiencing the figurative expression
• Introducing paintings and figurative stories/reading pictures
• Experience through empathetic and playful approaches
• Putting words to everything you see
• Creating your own figurative expressions
Age: 4-5 years
Number: Max. 10 children
Duration: 90 min.
Price: DKK 600
For more information contact ARKEN undervisning form Tuesday to Friday between 13-16. Phone: 43 57 34 55, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARKEN’s distinctive ship’s architecture blends with its surroundings and creates a sensory frame around the art.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE COLLECTION
Must-sees from ARKEN's collection, which holds Danish, Nordic and international contemporary art.
ARKEN holds a wide range of activities for families with children.
ARKEN provides teaching programmes and digital and practical workshops for pupils in primary school.